
I was so happy when the parents agreed to splitting up the holidays, allowing Erik & I some time, including Christmas Dinner, to ourselves. The week leading up to Christmas was all planned out. I had vacation days to use, he would be at work. I could get the planning and shopping done all with out the hassle (for both of us) of dragging Erik along.
Then it snowed 8 inches.
We were trapped inside from Thursday to Tuesday. Ok 'trapped inside' sounds harsh. We could walk - in snow pants and snow boots - to the grocery store and surrounding businesses. Erik hasn't been to Bellevue Square more times in one week in his life. We just couldn't drive anywhere! Our cars are low to the ground so they can't clear the 5 inches of compact snow/ice and the 3 new inches that just seems to fall (like every day!) out of no where.
OK - I need to go shopping!
On Tuesday, we drove to the mall. Since we had walked there and "scouted" the place in previous days, now we had a car to stock it full! haha, in my dreams.
Wednesday was much the same; Erik dropped me off this time a few blocks from the mall this time as he vowed never to step foot in Bellevue Square again.
We did Christmas Eve dinner at The Watt's and it was great! Kathy is in the midst of a remodel and down a stove, so they were very creative in making it work. Sue had a great game which won me a coach wallet! Erik won a mystery prize - QFC gift card!
Christmas morning gets better and better each year. Erik is a master at surprising me. I had presents and candy and Santa definitely came (with a Coach purse!). After we opened our presents we left for brunch at The Kyle's. It was delicious as usual - Pam is a great cook! Our rule for gifts this year was under $25 or handmade. It was cool to see how creative everyone was! As we left, it dawned on me ... oh how my plan is working out nicely....
wait .................
what about dinner?
It was too late - all the grocery stores were closed. I planned on cooking Erik & I Christmas dinner and I totally forgot.
So we ate spaghett-o's.
5 comments:
Awesome...I love spaghetti-o's! We miss you guys!!
ooh.. pretty Tree! And Coach... schaweet!
I am so jealous! I would have loved to have spaghetti o's. We traveled from house to house....
Ah, the joys of being married during the holidays. I'm glad you had a great Christmas, I want to see the Coach goodies!
UNT... Spaghetti-o's :o) Glad to hear your Christmas turned out well ;-) I sure do miss ya.... I can't wait to see your COACH wallet and purse!! That's freaking awesome!! GOOD job Erik!!
When r u going to post another blog. We miss your entries Morgie!
Post a Comment